Crunchy Nut Crackers
Makes around 30-40 (depending on how the size of cracker you make.)
- 2 cups mixed nuts of your choice: (pistachios, cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds work well)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven at 360°F (180°C).
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment papers.
3. Grind nuts into a flour consistency in a blender or food processor (food processor usually works best).
4. Add egg, water and sea salt and stir around with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together in a quite stiff dough.
5. Divide the dough into two and place them directly on the parchment papers.
6. Roll them out to two thin rectangles. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin you could roll it with parchment paper covering the dough. Use a knife to cut them in slices or squares.
7. Spray some water on them and top with the seeds. (Options: Top with sea salt, anise seeds, nigella seeds or some other seeds of your choice.)
8. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Tip: Stay close and keep an eye on the oven, these crackers burn easily. Store them in jars or out in the open if you eat them within the first couple of days.